Legatum Case Studies
We aim to address a very specific need within the existing body of business education literature. Our free case studies focus on innovative emerging market ventures, led by principled entrepreneurs, which have high potential for sustainable and scalable socioeconomic impact. By analyzing the opportunities and challenges that drive these founders, and focusing in particular on the critical decision points along their paths to scale, we provide a vital tool for educators and the aspiring entrepreneurs they support, not to mention a valuable resource for investors, policymakers, corporate stakeholders, and other professionals.
Several of our case studies (e.g. Fula & Style, MAX, mSurvey, Sanergy, and Soko) feature ventures that were founded or cofounded by MIT alumni that the Legatum Center supported through Fellowships and/or travel grants.
- Aspiring Minds in India; Employment Services
- Bridge International Academies in Kenya; Education [video also available]
- Computer Warehouse Group in Nigeria; ICT
- Fula & Style in Senegal; Fashion Industry
- iDiscoveri in India; Education
- LaGray Chemical Company in Ghana; Pharmaceutical Manufacturing
- Luminous in India; Energy
- MAX in Nigeria; Transportation and Logistics
- mSurvey in Kenya; Customer Analytics [video also available]
- Sanergy in Kenya; Sanitation and Consumer Products
- Soko in Kenya; Fashion and Manufacturing
- Teatulia in Bangladesh; Agriculture and Consumer Products
- Yolia in Mexico; Medical Devices