Market-Creating Innovation Bootcamp – Coming Soon!
A Legatum Center at MIT and Clayton Christensen Institute Collaboration
Find a Bootcamp
April 26 28,29
September 29 - October 1, 2021
Launching in early 2021, the Market-Creating Innovation (MCI) Bootcamp is an eight-session curriculum designed to empower emerging market innovators with principles and frameworks necessary to create new markets that make products affordable. The bootcamp curriculum is anchored around the principles outlined in The Prosperity Paradox: How Innovation Can Lift Nations Out of Poverty, written by the late Harvard Business School professor Clayton M. Christensen.
Bootcamps will be hosted in multiple countries across Africa during 2021 and will take place virtually until it is safe to host them in person. The bootcamp is designed to be dynamic and practical and is best suited for early-stage entrepreneurs who are in the process of piloting or refining an idea that seeks to solve a problem for a majority of people in a region.
- Course: Participants will benefit from engaging sessions that fundamentally change how they think about innovation.
- Community: Participants will join a unique and growing community of people (investors, entrepreneurs, and policymakers) committed to building market-creating innovations in emerging economies.
- Coaching: Participants will gain access to some of the most reputable and forward-thinking innovators and investors committed to emerging economies.
- Certification: Participants will get a Market-Creating Innovation Bootcamp Certificate of Completion after the program is completed.
- Access to Capital: Upon completion of the Bootcamp, participants will have an opportunity to create an investment pitch deck that may be shared with a select group of investors committed to investing in emerging market-focused innovations.
Why are we launching the Market-Creating Innovation Bootcamp?
Across the globe, access to basic healthcare, education, and utilities remains out of reach to large populations worldwide.
- Less than half of the global population is covered by essential health services.
- Remote learning remains out of reach for at least 500 million students.
- 789 million people lack electricity.
Conventional economic development methods have not been successful in addressing these issues. A different development paradigm that focuses on innovation and entrepreneurship is the critical missing piece in the economic prosperity puzzle.
Hailed as “a better way to fight poverty,” market-creating innovations (MCIs) create accessible products for populations of all income-levels through affordability, simplicity, and convenience. MCIs are unique in their ability to create new growth engines that lead to jobs, increased taxes, and the emergence of an entrepreneurial culture. By empowering market-creating innovators in emerging economies, the MCI Bootcamp seeks to build a robust foundation for inclusive and sustained economic prosperity for all.
Initial Participating Countries:
Rwanda, Ethiopia, Senegal, Nigeria, Uganda, Ghana, and Kenya
For any additional inquiries please contact: email@example.com
This Market-Creating Bootcamp opportunity is developed in collaboration with Mastercard Foundation