Open Mic Africa
Open Mic Africa: A Cross-Continent Tour in Search of Africa’s Most Innovative Entrepreneurs
If you checked YES to any (or all!) of those questions, then this series of events is for YOU!
Join the Legatum Center team for this unique international event starring local entrepreneurs and leaders from the MIT alumni community.
Open Mic Africa is a Pan-African tour organized by the Legatum Center at MIT to discover and support local entrepreneurs who are bringing their knowledge to bear on their continent’s greatest challenges.
The tour is a prelude to the 2017 Zambezi Award* for Innovation in Financial Inclusion which will officially open in August 2017.
Open Mic Africa aims to find and showcase Africa’s top innovators while developing a dialogue among local entrepreneurs, investors, and MIT.
Register now to attend the events:
- Open Mic Africa – Lagos: July 26-27, 2017
- Open Mic Africa – Dakar: September 23-24, 2017
- Open Mic Africa – Cape Town: September 27-28, 2017
Each city’s agenda will include:
- Inspirational talks from African entrepreneurs who have successfully taken their ventures to scale
- MIT Workshops to help you better understand your customer and improve your venture pitch
- Mentoring sessions from leading MIT alumni (Big Brother Big Sister Day)
- An “open pitch” competition highlighting the entrepreneurs that are solving local problems in the most innovative way. Entrepreneurs with the most innovative solutions will be awarded* a targeted grant of up to $2,500 to use toward their innovative ventures.
- An “Ask Me Anything” Booth for those interested in learning about opportunities to apply to MIT programs
Open Mic Africa will take place in:
- Lagos, Nigeria: July 26-27, 2017
- Dakar, Senegal: September 23-24, 2017
- Cape Town, South Africa: September 27-28, 2017